Now, is the time – the crucial time to get more information on how to plan and write your Personal Interest Project (PIP) with help from ARRENDELL Education.
If you have now drafted your PIP proposal?
Have you ensured your proposal has included;
– Proposed hypothesis / title / question
– Your aim
– Your goals
– Relevance to MMM levels
– Concepts you want to use (fundamental + additional)
– How the PIP will make you a socially and culturally literate person
– Statement of your cross cultural comparison
– Primary research methods you wish to use (minimum of three) and why you think they are the most appropriate for your PIP
– Ethical considerations of your primary research methodologies
– Where you will have your log book?
– If it’s an online logbook, include its link in the proposal.
– Possible resources you want to use
Hopefully by the end of the term, your teacher would have given you feedback for your proposal. If not, do not worry! You can use this extra time during the summer holidays to do secondary research. Aim to have at least 70% of your secondary research completed. Visit the library read online articles and observe the latest news trends. Take into consideration, your PIP is due around Trials. Your PIP proposal shouldn’t be left till last minute when your Trials are around the corner.
Secondary research will allow you to explore information and give you a clearer idea of what you want to do for your primary research. The ideal result would be to have one primary research method complete during the summer holidays. Most people do a questionnaire as their first method, as this is the easiest to create and send out. The most primary research you for your PIP, the more you will be motivated and feel a sense of achievement.
Available days from Monday 13th – Friday 24th January. Either 2 x 3 hour or 3 x 2 hour sessions. Simply express your interest as per below and nominate suitable days your child is able to attend. The cost of each full workshop will be $200 per child. The workshop will be confirmed the week prior to the workshop date (dependent on attending children). All resources needed and a snack included.